Things to Know Before Installing WordPress
Before you begin the install, there are a few things you need to have and do.
- You should have a domain name (Ex: http://yourwebsite.com) and a good web hosting company (Ex: WP Engine, Media Temple, Hostgator, Bluehost,Inmotionhosting).
- Access to your web server (via FTP or shell)
- Ability to create MySQL databases
- A text editor (Ex: Notepad++, TextEdit)
- An FTP Client (Ex: FileZilla)
- Your web browser of choice (Ex: Chrome, Firefox)
The famous 5 minute install
If you are not comfortable with renaming files, step 3 is optional and you can skip it as the install program will create the wp-config.php file for you.
- Go to WordPress.org and download the latest version of WordPress (Link: http://wordpress.org/download/)
- Unzip the WordPress files and use the FTP software to upload the files into your web host directory.
- Create a database for WordPress on your web server, as well as a MySQL (or MariaDB) user who has all privileges for accessing and modifying it.
- Run the WordPress installation script by accessing the URL in a web browser. This should be the URL where you uploaded the WordPress files.
- Next you should press the Let’s go button
- On the next page fill in the form with the necessary information and click the Submit button
- Next click Run the Install button
That’s it! WordPress should now be installed.
For Detailed Instructions go here.